Virtual Japan Program 2021!
Join our NEW 2021 virtual program this April & Immerse in Japan without leaving New jersey!
- Monday, APRIL 5th 8pm
- Sensoji Temple & Asakusa Virtual Tour Sensoji is an ancient Japanese Buddhist temple founded on a legend that goes back over 1,400 years.
- L.I.V.E. with University of Tokyo Live interactive virtual exchange with the University of Tokyo. During this exchange students will learn about the Japanese views on religion and spirituality.
- TUESDAY, APRIL 6th 8pm
- Arashiyama Babmoo Forest Virtual Tour Surrounded by countless green stalks in every direction, the path twists and turns up the mountainside through a small labyrinth of shrines, tea houses, and other landmarks.
- Virtual Tour of Takayama Through this tour, you will virtually walk the streets with a guide, learn about interesting facts of the town and enjoy the beautiful architecture and nature.
- WEDNESDAY, APRIL 7th 8pm
- Virtual Tour of Kyoto Home to many cultural landmarks and historical sites, Kyoto is thought of as the heart of Japan.
- Kiyomizu Temple Virtual Tour During this virtual tour you will learn from our expert local guide about the three story pagoda of Kiyomizu-dera, one of the tallest of its kind in Japan.
- THURSDAY, APRIL 8th 1pm
- Japanese Cooking class with Dr. Komagata During this virtual cooking class, you will be able to prepare a Japanese dish from your own home.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 9th 12:30pm
- Tour of Japanese Tea House & Garden Join us on campus to learn more about traditional tea ceremony practices and tour our garden and tea house at Georgian Court University.
COST & ENROLLMENT
- Free to students in these spring courses: RS260, IH350, GS300-Japan
- GS300-“Japan Virtual Program” (2nd 7.5 session 1 credit course) is open for enrollment until 3/19/21
- $60 program fee for all other students & community members
- Open to GCU Alumni, Faculty, Staff, & Administration after February 20th
- Priority is given to students & virtual seats are limited!
- Application is now OPEN to students! Please apply on Blackboard under the Global Education organization –See “Application Process” and apply under “Japan Virtual Program” (*please see Getting Started for details on how to join the Blackboard organization)
- You will receive a confirmation within 3 days confirming your acceptance to the program
- Application for GCU alumni, staff, faculty, and administration will open here on February 20th
- Please contact Laura Grodewald, Dr. Komagata, or Dr. Vento for any questions