AIFS: Costa Rican Health Care & Tropical Medicine
Students will take an intensive 2 week course focusing on the public health care system in Costa Rica and the main aspects of tropical pathology. Meanwhile, they will be immersed within the Costa Rican culture and have an opportunity to explore San Jose and the natural beauty of the country.
- Homestay family in San Jose
- Walking tours
- Coffee plantation
- Indoor markets
- National Theatre
Students will learn about the history and development of the social health care system in Costa Rica and compare this to health care in the United States. Students will also focus on tropical diseases and the transmission and prevention of them. The course will include a visit to a private hospital and a visit to a public health care clinic. For more information about this course, please refer to the syllabus.
Included in the cost:
- Housing – homestay
- Tuition for 3 credits
- Meal plan (2 meals a day)
- Excursions & cultural activities
- International Medical Insurance (AIFS)
- Access to 24-7 AIFS Resident Director and Support Staff
Not included in the cost:
- Excursion to Manuel Antonio National Park
- Some meals (lunches)
- $95 AIFS Application Fee
- $250 refundable damage deposit to AIFS
Need More Information?