Dr. Teri Wurmser
Georgian Court-Hackensack Meridian Health School of Nursing
Hamilton Hall 103
By appointment: https://georgian.as.me/?calendarID=805762
- Adelphi University, PhD Nursing Research
- Columbia University, MPH, Public Health Nursing Administration
- Adelphi University, BSN, Nursing
- Kings County Hospital School of Nursing, Nursing Diploma
- American Nurses Credentialing Center, Nursing Adminstration Advanced Certification
- Registered Professional Nurse, State of NJ
- Board Certified in Nursing Adminstration Advanced (American Nurses Credential Center ANCC)
- Director, Ann May Center for Nursing and Allied Health, Hackensack Meridian Health
- ANCC Magnet Appraiser
- Chair, New Jersey Collaborating Center for Nursing
- Previous Chair, Georgian Court Hackensack Meridian Health School of Nursing
Research / Creativity Interest Area
- Weaver, S.H., Hessels, A. Paliwal, M., & Wurmser, T. (In Press). Administrative Supervisor Stressors, Engagement and Satisfaction. Nurse Leader.
- Wurmser, T., Ortu Kowalski, M. (2020,In press). Perceptions of a statewide mentorship program: A qualitative Study. Journal of Nursing Management. In press doi10.111/jonm.13104
- Cadmus, E., Wurmser, T. (2019). Perceptions of acute care residencies: Perspectives from one state. Journal of Nursing Management. 00, 1-10.
- Hessels A.J., Wurmser T. Relationship among Safety Culture, Nursing Care, and Standard Precautions Adherence. Am J Infect Control. 2019; Dec 17. pii: S0196-6553(19)30974-5. doi: 10.1016/j.ajic.2019.11.008. [Epub ahead of print]
- Weaver, S.H., Hessels, A.J., Paliwal, M., Marx, J., Hoffman,K., Wurmser, T.A. Nurse Leaders at Night: Preparing Administrative Supervisors and Understanding the Role. Nurse Leader. 2019; 17(5), 420-426. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mnl.2019.03.0
- Weaver, S. H., Hessels, A.J., Paliwal, M., & Wurmser, T. A. Administrative supervisors and nursing unit-based managers: Collaboration and job satisfaction. Nurs Econ. 2019; 37(2), 67-76.
- “Acute Care Nurses Transition into Practice: Moving Data into Action”. National Forum of State Workforce Centers, Virtual Presentation, June 13 – 23 2020.
- The Gift of Mentorship: A Qualitative Study of a Statewide Mentoring Program”; Sigma Theta Tau International Annual Meeting, Poster presentation December 2019.
- “Grant Writing” Organization of Nurse Leaders Research Day Conference; NJ Hospital Association, Princeton, NJ June 7, 2019
- Hessels, A., Wurmser, T. Poster. “Safety Culture, Missed Nursing Care and Standard Precautions” at ANCC Pathway to Excellence Conference® and ANA Quality and Innovation Conference, 04/2019, Orlando, Fl.
- “Designing a Quality Improvement Project Workshop”. Inaugural Quality Conference, Hackensack Meridian Health. May 17, 2019, Somerset, NJ
- LaRocca, A., Campisi, L., Androski, E., Wurmser, T., Harvey, J., Fleming, K., Hessels, A. Poster. “ITEAM: Improving Care Coordination and Transitions for Older Adults” at Organization of Nurse Leaders-New Jersey (ONL NJ) Innovations Across the Care Continuum, 05/2019, Princeton, NJ
- Grant Writing Workshop. New Jersey Collaborating Center, New Brunswick NJ 2018
- “ONL Statewide Mentorship Program: A Qualitative Study”. At Mentorship: A Forum for Professional Growth and Reflective Practice. ONL NJ. At NJ Hospital Association, April 22, 2016.
- “ Rising to the Challenges in Health Care: Shared Governance at the Unit Level”. 4 hour Workshop for Nursing staff at Robert Wood Johnson Health Care System. Edison, NJ, March 12, 2015
- “A Creative Infrastructure for Building Nurse Empowerment and Engagement” (Podium presentation) 2013 ANCC National Magnet Conference, Orland, Florida, October 4, 2013
- “Creating and Sustaining Research Rich Cultures in the ‘Real World’ of Nursing. (Panel Presentation) 2013 American Nurses Credentialing Center Research Symposium (Magnet Pre-Conference). Orlando, FL, October 1, 2013,
- Wurmser, T. and Bliss-Holtz, J (Co-Investigators). SHARES” (Sharing HealthSystem and Academic Resources for Educating Students and Staff), NJNI RWJ Innovations in Clinical Education Grant. $9,998. September 2011-August 2012
- Wurmser, T. (Principal Investigator). ITEAM: Interprofessional Teamwork and Education Across Microsystem”, HRSA Award # UD7HP28532-01-00. $1,478,000. July 1 2015-June 30, 2019
- Wurmser, T. and Fleming, K. Content, Commitment and Connection: Partnering for Integrating Population Health into a Nursing Curriculum. New Jersey Nursing Initiatives, The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. $199,891. 2016 – 2017.