About This Program
If you have dreamed of helping people with autism spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities, this could be the program you’ve been looking for. Georgian Court University’s M.A. in Applied Behavior Analysis is one of a limited number of programs in the country and offers the comprehensive foundation needed to make an impact on people with disabilities. The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® has approved the following course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®.
GCU’s graduate program in Applied Behavior Analysis launched in 2011 and has graduated several cohorts. Our graduates work in variety of settings that employ Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA®) including: clinics, in-home service organizations, public and private schools, and hospitals. Below are data showing the percentage of graduates from each cohort who earned the BCBA® credential.
|Cohort||Number of Graduates||% Earned BCBA®|
|6||13||Data not available|
(these data were drawn from the BCBA® registry and may represent graduates who have not yet taken the exam and/or graduates who have taken the exam more than once)
For the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®) report of pass rates for first-time test takers, please click here.
- Required courses (27 credits)
- Electives (12 credits)
For more information on program requirements, consult the Graduate Catalog.
- ABA501 Ethical & Professional Conduct (3)
- ABA502 Measurement & Experimental Design (3)
- ABA503 Experimental Analysis of Behavior (3)
- ABA504 Philosophy of Behaviorism (3)
- ABA505 Generalization & Training (3)
- ABA510 Behavior Assessment (3)
- ABA511 ABA I: Behavior Change Procedures (3)
- ABA512 ABA II: Advanced Behavior Change Procedures (3)
- ABA513 Verbal Behavior (3)
Recommended Electives (choose 12 credits):
- ABA514 Behavioral Interventions for Autism (3)
- ABA515 Stimulus Control: Concepts, Principles & Applications (3)
- ABA529 Special Topics in Applied Behavior Analysis (1–3)
- ABA550 Practicum in Applied Behavior Analysis (3–6)
- ABA560 Research in Applied Behavior Analysis (1–3)
- EDC5301 Nature & Needs of Individuals with Autism & Pervasive Developmental Disorders (3)
- SPS6106 Practicum I: Consultation & Collaboration (3)