The Learning Connection (TLC)
The Learning Connection (TLC) is a highly successful support program for students with disabilities (primarily learning) that often affect academic performance. TLC offers assistance to students who need support beyond their academic ADA accommodations. Fees are determined by the Office of Admissions.
The program offers individuals one-on-one support with a professional staff member known as an Academic Development Specialist, which include:
- A personalized tutoring/coaching program
- Guaranteed two hours per week of one-on-one sessions with Academic Development Specialists that include content tutoring, time management, organizational, study, and testing taking skills
- Support in transitioning from high school to college
- Tracking of progress and assignments
- Development of socialization and life skills in a warm and friendly environment
- High graduation rates
- Workshops and events
- Strong bonds with the Academic Development Specialist that last beyond graduation
Enroll in TLC
To enroll in this program, you must first be accepted to GCU. Indicate your interest in the program on your application. You can send documentation about your disability to the Office of Admissions if you choose to self-identify; otherwise, you may submit documents directly to the Office of Accessibility Services.
From there, you will meet with the director to discuss your academic needs and set up a support plan.