Institutional Student Learning Goals
Georgian Court University offers curricular and cocurricular learning experiences designed to help students achieve the university’s Undergraduate Student Learning Goals (USLG):
GOAL 1: Foundational Knowledge of Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply foundational knowledge in the arts, humanities, languages, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences.
GOAL 2: Intellectual and Practical Skills
Learning Outcomes: Students will demonstrate competence in
- Critical and creative thinking, grounded in inquiry, analysis, and synthesis of information
- Written and oral communication
- Quantitative literacy
- Information literacy
- Teamwork and problem solving
GOAL 3: Personal and Social Responsibility
Learning Outcomes: Students will demonstrate
- Ethical reasoning
- Global awareness and respect for diverse cultural perspectives
- Knowledge of the university’s mission and Mercy charism
- Civic knowledge-local/global
GOAL 4: Integrative Learning
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make connections among courses in multiple disciplines, as well as between their experiences inside and outside the classroom.
GOAL 5: Mastery of the Defined Body of Knowledge at a Baccalaureate Level
Students will attain their program’s objectives and complete their major requirements.
Note: Undergraduate and Graduate Institutional Learning Goals and Assessment.
Assessment Plans for the GCU Institutional Student Learning Goals (ISLG) are found in the GCU Assessment Plan:
Appendix D (Undergraduate). These goals apply to all undergraduate students, and beginning in AY 2016-2017 the assessment of these goals is separate from the assessment of the Bridge General Education Program. Institutional Learning Goals for graduate students (GSLG) were developed in AY 2016-2017 and the goals and assessment plan are listed under the Graduate tab.
Undergraduate Student Learning Goals: USLG
Assessment Plan: The Undergraduate Student Learning Goals Assessment Plan was approved by the Provost Council on November 10, 2022. It covers the Academic Years 2022-2026.
Assessment Plan USLG 2022-2026
Graduate Student Learning Goals: GSLG
Assessment Plan: The Graduate Student Learning Goals were approved by the Graduate Council on April 10, 2017. The current assessment plan was approved by the Graduate Council on January 26, 2022.
Assessment Plan GSLG 2022-2025