Institutional Student Learning Goals
Georgian Court University offers curricular and cocurricular learning experiences designed to help students achieve the university’s Undergraduate Student Learning Goals (USLG):
GOAL 1: Foundational Knowledge of Human Cultures and the Physical and Natural World
- Students will demonstrate the ability to apply foundational knowledge in the arts, humanities, languages, mathematics, natural sciences, and social sciences.
GOAL 2: Intellectual and Practical Skills
Learning Outcomes: Students will demonstrate competence in
- Critical and creative thinking, grounded in inquiry, analysis, and synthesis of information
- Written and oral communication
- Quantitative literacy
- Information literacy
- Teamwork and problem solving
GOAL 3: Personal and Social Responsibility
Learning Outcomes: Students will demonstrate
- Ethical reasoning
- Global awareness and respect for diverse cultural perspectives
- Knowledge of the university’s mission and Mercy charism
- Civic knowledge-local/global
GOAL 4: Integrative Learning
- Students will demonstrate the ability to make connections among courses in multiple disciplines, as well as between their experiences inside and outside the classroom.
GOAL 5: Mastery of the Defined Body of Knowledge at a Baccalaureate Level
Students will attain their program’s objectives and complete their major requirements.
Note: Undergraduate and Graduate Institutional Learning Goals and Assessment.
Assessment Plans for the GCU Institutional Student Learning Goals (ISLG) are found in the GCU Assessment Plan:
Appendix D (Undergraduate). These goals apply to all undergraduate students, and beginning in AY 2016-2017 the assessment of these goals is separate from the assessment of the Bridge General Education Program. Institutional Learning Goals for graduate students (GSLG) were developed in AY 2016-2017 and the goals and assessment plan are listed under the Graduate tab.
Undergraduate Student Learning Goals: USLG
Assessment Plan: The Undergraduate Student Learning Goals Assessment Plan was approved by the Provost Council on August 27, 2020. It covers the Academic Years 2019-2022.
Assessment Plan USLG 2019-2021
Graduate Student Learning Goals: GSLG
Assessment Plan: The Graduate Student Learning Goals and Assessment Plan was approved by the Graduate Council on April 10, 2017. It covers the Academic Years 2017-2020. This plan is in the process of being updated for AY 2020-2023.
GCU Graduate Student Learning Goals