Accelerated Nursing Program for Non-Nurses
Become a Registered Nurse and Launch Your New Career in 14 Months
Georgian Court University is the smart choice for those serious about transitioning to nursing. Our decade-long partnership with Hackensack Meridian Health, New Jersey’s largest health provider, offers a tremendous advantage for our nursing students.
Our 14-month, accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program is an intensive, hands-on experience that prepares students to achieve RN licensure and launch their careers soon after completion. Founded by the Sisters of Mercy, we train our nurses to have successful and purposeful careers.
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (A.B.S.N) program enrolls students for starts in June and November of every year. Seats are limited, so those interested are encouraged to complete their applications as soon as possible.
A.B.S.N. Program Highlights
Max Student-to-Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes offer personalized attention for those with no prior nursing experience.
Locations to Perform Rotations
You’ll perform clinicals at Hackensack Meridian Health locations throughout New Jersey.
NCLEX Pass Rate
This is a three-year average of our undergraduate program as of July 2021.
Nearly 9 out of 10 nursing graduates from the Class of 2019 are employed.
Years of Combined Experience
Our world-class faculty offer medical experience that equips you for health care on the frontlines.
Median Annual Salary for New Jersey Nurses
The field of nursing pays, and offers a fulfilling career path for serving others.
Request More Info
NU211 Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice
NU221 Health Assessment
NU111 Introduction to Professional Nursing
NU280 Pharmacotherapeutics I
NU271 Evidence-Based Nursing Care of the Adult I
NU356 Evidence-Based Care of the Older Adult
NU325 Evidence-Based Behavioral Health
NU322 Evidence-Based Nursing Care of Childbearing Families
NU423 Evidence-Based Nursing Care of Childrearing Families
NU343 Evidence for Practice
GCU CIE (Preferably GEN400)
NU371 Evidence-Based Nursing Care of the Adult II
NU380 Pharmacotherapeutics II
NU421 Evidence-Based Nursing Practice in the Community
NU471 Evidence-Based Leadership and Management in Nursing
NU472 Senior Seminar for Professional Nursing Practice
NU496 Transition into Clinical Nursing Practice [“Immersion Experience”]
- Tuition for the GCU Accelerated B.S.N. program: $759 per credit
- Comprehensive fee: $309 per term
- Mandatory accident insurance: $30 per term
- Parking fee: $101 + tax per half- year
- Must have completed your bachelor’s degree prior to A.B.S.N. start date
- Minimum Cumulative GPA: 3.2
- Complete the following courses prior to the start of A.B.S.N. program with a required minimum grade of B- or better (first attempted grade is considered; not the retake of a course)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology I (with lab)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology II (with lab)
- Microbiology (with lab)
- Statistics (must include inferential statistics)
- Chemistry (with lab): Inorganic, Organic, and Biochemistry; a course that includes some biochemistry is preferred
- Psychology: A course in developmental psychology
- Ethics (Bioethics preferred)
- Georgian Court University A.B.S.N. Application
- Official college transcript(s) from all previously attended institutions
- Interview (upon submission of application and once all documents are received and reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule an interview for further consideration)
For any further questions about the A.B.S.N. program at Georgian Court University, please contact Dan Gallen in the Office of Admissions.